Week 5

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Hello Family,

I've known about Auntie Con and she's been in my prayers too. I found out last Tues. about the coma and Meg kept me up to speed almost in real time so I was really grateful that. Man, this family has been put through the ringer these last 6 months. Actually, Sister Mayaru and I have been praying for her so much and on last Thursday night Meg told me that she woke up on Thursday night (I believe) after a particularly spiritually powerful prayer that Sister Mayaru said (I know that we've all been praying, but it was just kind of amazing proof of the Lord's hand in our lives). Heavenly Father hears our prayers- and He blesses us so much for praying. That tiny act of faith brings SO many miracles. Its amazing.
I actually only have 8 days until I leave! I leave next Wednesday at 12:50- I should be able to get to call home around that time, but I will let you know the for sure plan on our last MTC Pday next week. How crazy right? Time really does fly when you're having fun (or learning an impossible language...). I am SOSOOOSOOSOSOSOSOSOSOOOOOOo excited, but also equally terrified. We will spend a week in the Manila MTC proselyting with the missionaries there (...speaking Tagalog...) while everything with customs gets cleared up, then we will fly down to Tacloban and be assigned. Oh it just doesn't even feel real. For the first time in my life we will be on different continents and that terrifies me, but I'm so so so so excited.

The new missionaries in our zone are angels- there are only 4 of them- but they are each doing so well. It is also fun to have another palangi sister in our zone!

This last week we had our first skype TRC with a sister from the Philippines! She was amazing- she knew English really well though, so it was hard to find motivation to speak Cebuano. But I know that if we try sooooo hard to speak Cebuano, we will gain the love and trust of the people there so much sooner. Also I just really super legit when I speak it. It is so cool. We also got to go to temple square! Every international missionary has the opportunity to go, and since I am the only American in our district, I got to tag along. It was a FAST visit, but it was still awesome. It is cool to see temple square from the perspective of someone who has only seen pictures before. It truly is like a modern day Zion, so cool. My camera wasn't working that day, so I only have pictures on other people's cameras so I'll try to get some from them!
Sunday was as good as always,a temple walk, and then it was rainy this week too!! But guess what- right when we were supposed to leave for temple walk, it got all sunny and warm and then once we got back to the campus it started raining again. Haha I love those little miracles. Anyways, it was a pretty mellow week but a good one too!

I love you so so so much. I'm so grateful for you and your letters
every week. It means a lot to me.

Love, Sister Maddie Snow


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS