Week 17

Monday, August 1, 2016

Note from Amie; Late last night as our letters were coming in, Scott was able to instant message Mads. It was so sweet. Its amazing to sit and wait as she is sending a message from so so far away. I really is comforting to have that happen. Anyways he was able to ask her what grabi means (she uses it several times throughout this letter) It is the philippine version of the expression "oh my goodness!" She is always interjecting a little cebuano in her letters and we have no clue. I don't know if she is showing off her new language skills or thinking in cebuano more and more. Hee hee. Anyways, enjoy!

Hello! So this week was my first baguio (typhoon in English)! Category 1- so not a big deal at all- but still fun to say I've experienced it! Pretty much it just rained a lot for 3 days- the biggest challenge we faced was that it is hard to do laundry when there is no place to hang clothes to dry! But, we also got lots of blessings in finding new investigators! People here hate to leave to lil white girls to soak in the rain- so they let them in to teach them and then they get new investigators! YAY BLESSINGS PA MORE.

So, we have been teaching a little girl. She is 9 years old and precious, her family are all pretty recent converts, so they really wanted to make sure when she was baptized, it was because she wanted to be. So we have been teaching her for the past month and she is just an ANGEL. She has my whole heart. She got baptized on Saturday! Our first baptism in Borongan! She bore her testimony after her baptism, and the Spirit was so strong as she just thanked us and her parents and expressed her love for Heavenly Father. so beautiful<3

We have also been teaching ANOTHER little girl. Sweet Sister S. She is 8 and her mom is a member, and she was also baptized on Saturday! She is so precious and we love her to bits. Her and all of her friends just love us and play with us in the street. Haha they are SO cute and I just love them so much. We are so blessed to teach these little girls. Heavenly Father just loves them so much- and now they are Recent Converts! Amazing talaga.

So  Sister ER. She is so wonderful- hasn't missed  a Sunday since we found her. They still feed us delicious food and we are having an FHE with them tonight. We just love them so much. They really are our family here- we are so blessed. And her son-in-law,is our investigator. He is so amazing. He just bought a tryke that says "I am a child of God" on it. He isn't even a member yet. Pics to follow- they are favorite talaga.

Our sweet family, C and J. Grabi. We love them so much, they are just beyond precious. They still have some problems to overcome, but don't worry. We have lots of faith in Heavenly Father's plan is a lot better for them than Sister Snow and Sister Garcia's plan for them <3

They're are definitely exciting things coming. I love it here in Borongan. It is so so so beautiful and I love it so much. I'm starting to feel more Filipina now, which is fun. Haha in the mission- your first area is the place where you were "born" daw. But I really feel like I was born here in Borongan, ya know? I've learned so much in just the past 2 months (today is my monthserversary of being in Borongan), and I'm so grateful for the prayers that have made it possible to stick around. I love you so much Momma and family. Thank you for everything.
Love, Maddie




  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS