Note from Amie-
This weeks post is really short and simple her sweet companion lost her Father last week. Fortunately Mads and Sister knew each quite well in the MTC. I'll share this little bit. Keep them in your prayers. Its gotta be so rough. Sweet Sister K e-mailed us yesterday thanking us for Mads and her spirit. It was so sweet. We are so humbled and have no words for what she is experiencing.
Love, Amie
Sige, I'm so grateful that Sister Maurer told you, because that would have been really hard to just get a bunch of birthday wishes from other people and then have to tell you about what this week has been like. But we have had some sweet experiences this week. So, Sister Kioa and I were pretty close in the MTC, but we haven't seen each other since we got to Tacloban. So it was amazing to see her again. It's crazy because all of Tuesday night we were just laughing and enjoying and talking about the MTC. We could not figure out why we were so lucky to be companions- It just seemed too easy. We were assigned to a really established ward which makes our life easier and, I mean, we already know each other really well, so if we had companionship problems it would be a little easier to resolve. It seemed just easy, and really too good to be true. Then Wednesday morning, President called and Sister's life changed forever. It's not an easy thing at all. The first thing she said to me was, "I think I know why we are companions." I don't know why or how President was so inspired, but at this point in our missions, we both just need each other. I have so much to learn from her strength and her determination. I hope that she has felt comforted by the fact that we already know and love each other. I think that is one of the biggest miracles we've seen in all this. You are right, we haven't really been able to get out very much to explore this area, but we have been on a really intense emotional journey this week, pero buhi pa kami. ngan andam na kami para sa bisan ano nga pagsulay yana. waray impossible talaga kon mayaon nim pagtuo. We're going to take is slow, but we both have a huge desire and determination to help these people. I don't know if you remember what I said last week, but it was something like: we came here to make sure that when other people get to this point, they do have God, and they know that He loves them and has a plan for them. But man, it has been a trial of faith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment