Week 10

Monday, June 13, 2016

Hello!
SO. THIS WEEK. Remember how the theme of my mission is BE HUMBLE. Still true. I need to do a lot of that.
so on Saturday night, we met with the Branch President and he told us to prepare talks for the next day in case the people who were supposed to speak didn't show. They didn't show- so WE SPOKE. IN WARAY. (keep in mind i had never even heard this language until 10 days ago). Also when we walked in the Branch President asked if I could play the piano- so i played and spoke in sacrament. And our branch is huge. And we sang really hard songs that I had never heard so i just plucked out the melody. how's that for humbling?

But I decided. Heavenly Father doesn't usually give us a lot of prep time. He says if we live righteously and He'll take care of it. So while my talk was really not understandable, and my piano playing was less than desirable, I know that everythings alright. I mean that is why we are on Earth in the first place- we are here because He wants us to learn and grow by DOING. He gave us the tools we need to be successful and tells us to just go for it. "experiment on the word" Just do your best. It is hard and it is humbling and it stretches us to our limits, but at the end of this I need to be able to say I did my best. I gave every day all that I could. That's all that he wants us to say at the end of this like gihapon. Do your best, leave it all on the field. (If I never played sports can I still use sports references? I'm going to anyway)

We have also been teaching this family. Remember the tryke driver from last week? Well he has a family- a beautiful family. And we taught them. And the Spirit was there. It was just one of those moments when my companion was reciting the first vision and I just knew- this is why I'm on a mission. It isn't to explore the Philippines, it isn't for a break from school, it isn't really to make friends. It is to tell people with all of the energy of my soul that they have a Father in Heaven who loves them. And no matter what their concerns are, they can talk to Him, and receive answers. They have support even if they feel so alone. Even if they have nothing- they can have faith that there is a Father who knows and loves them and has a plan for them.

And He gave His Son to them so that they can be together with those they love always if they will just live a full and kind a righteous life. That is really the reason I came and it is going to be the thing that will make it so hard to leave in 18 months from now. 

Happy Father's Day talaga! I love and respect you so much, but being on a mission kinda makes me realize how lucky I am to be your daughter. I'm so grateful for the example that you have been- missions are really hard- no matter where you are. ANd I just want to thank you for doing that. For bringing people to Christ. You are why I'm serving my mission Dad- you really taught me how to serve honorably and fully. There are a lot of dads here who are not the best- it is hard to watch! I wish you were here to give them a little talking to. You've just always made me feel so loved and needed and appreciated and it is just the other way around here totally. The dads really don't care about their families. Like the world lives to serve them- and I just am so grateful that you live to serve others especially your family. You are amazing Dad. And I love you so much. Salamat para tanan.

SO yeah- this week was an adventure- it is HARD. but so so so worth it.

Love and hugs hasta ka hasta,
Maddie Cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS