This week were were in Catbalogan again for 2 days where we had a
mission conference ngan pakatapos iton, we went on exchanges with the
STLs there. We learned SO much, but it was really to lose 2 full days
of work here. The area felt it. But- it was so good to see our
President and to recieve counsel. We learned so much.
Also kon pwede, may ak ha kwenta mahitungod akon semana! Tikan akon
letter to President:
"This week was so incredible. I loved going to the Mission Tour and
being uplifted and inspired. We also went on exchanges with the
Catbalogan sister training leaders. It was an amazing week because we
learned so much and saw SO many miracles. This week, I really have
been trying to open my mouth more. The language is still a struggle,
but I feel as though I am growing and I'm starting to see my progress.
During practice teaching, I taught the full Message of the Restoration
in Waray Waray. Now when we teach, I am more confident in actually
teaching doctrine rather than just testifying for my companion. It is
starting to feel like I am pulling my weight in the companionship, and
it feels so much more fulfilling than just standing by waiting for her
to look at me so I can testify.
This week we saw some things that were truly truly miracles. Sister
ER, a less active who has not come to church or even listened to
missionaries, came to church. She walked into Sacrament
yesterday with her daughter and her daughter's husband (they were just
married last week). The branch was amazing at fellowshipping her right
away- I love our branch. Then Sister ER asked us to do a family home
evening with her entire family (including several less active evening with
her entire family (including several less active members and non-members).
We now have at least 2 new investigators from that family home evening
(including the son-in-law who is legally married!!).
It is such a testament to the importance of families in the work of salvation.
Family IS the work of salvation. We are so blessed to have met them,
and for them to have opened their door to us. It is a literal miracle that just
keeps on unfolding. We love Borongan!"
** side note, this was the family that just let us in last week that I
told you I didn't have enough time to talk about. ALso, they call me
Sister Opo now, because all I could do for our first lesson, as this
sweet sister was spilling her soul to us, was say "Opo" (tagalog for
yes). **
Anyways, I love you so so much. I am SO grateful for you. I feel you
love and prayers and I really do feel like my language is getting
there. Last night we did another FHE with our District President's
family and we really did split the lesson in half. It was so fun
because I felt like I was FINALLY teaching! It is an amazing feeling.
Now, I am trying to figure out how to understand others- I can usually
understand like the general idea of a conversation, but if people
start asking me questions, I'm totally lost because i don't understand
specific words. But really, I see progress!! Thank you SO much. I love
you so so much! Hang in there- I am always praying for you <3

No comments:
Post a Comment