This week was an absolute ball!
1. language is going really well. still hard of course, but I can understand people pretty well and I can teach pretty well. It is hard for me to have face to face casual conversation though.
2. 12 weeks with a trainer, so we have about 7 more weeks together. I LOVE her. She is an angel. Such a blessing
3. we got fed by some members this week! Just fish head- so I wasn't really sure how to eat it, but it was yummy and I think I did good.
4. We can walk to church, but usually we are running late, so we take a tricycle. The branch is AMAZING. Everyone is so kind. Also, missionaries usually have a cycle or 2 more in the area where they trained. So I'm hoping that I can do enough work to make this branch a ward. That is my goal- to have a Borongan ward by the end of my mission. These people deserve that blessing.
5. This week we saw a miracle- usually only 2 or 3 investigators at church. This week we had 7. plus 15 Less active!!! It was such a blessing- one that we can't take credit for.
2. 12 weeks with a trainer, so we have about 7 more weeks together. I LOVE her. She is an angel. Such a blessing
3. we got fed by some members this week! Just fish head- so I wasn't really sure how to eat it, but it was yummy and I think I did good.
4. We can walk to church, but usually we are running late, so we take a tricycle. The branch is AMAZING. Everyone is so kind. Also, missionaries usually have a cycle or 2 more in the area where they trained. So I'm hoping that I can do enough work to make this branch a ward. That is my goal- to have a Borongan ward by the end of my mission. These people deserve that blessing.
5. This week we saw a miracle- usually only 2 or 3 investigators at church. This week we had 7. plus 15 Less active!!! It was such a blessing- one that we can't take credit for.
Send a few extra prayers to the people we're teaching though. I have seen a lot of the real world here in the Philippines this week and some people here could really just use an
extra love.This week we taught 36 lessons and found 7 new investigators (we did the math and we have exactly 40 hours of proselyting time each week- so we were pretty proud of ourselves). We have like 8 people with a baptismal date.
Ok I have 1 story to tell you, but I need to be paspas! So We have been teaching a couple- I don't think I've told you about them. SO background- they've been taught since August of last year, the husbands mom is a recent convert in April. They are not married (it is super expensive to get legally married here, most people we teach are not married and it is hard because you can't get baptized if you aren't married to the person you are living with syempre). They have 3 DARLING babies- 5 yr old girl, 3 yr old girl, and a baby boy who turns 1 next Wednesday! The husband also has a touch of a drinking problem. For the last month we have been struggling because danay the husband says he doesn't want to get married. Danay the wife isn't sure the church is true. There has just been a lot of problems which is hard because they've been taught and retaught and missionaries never drop them because they are just SO sweet- I love them with all of my heart. Anyways, last Monday, we swung by, we always go late b/c the husband doesn't usually get home from work until 8 ish (b/c he is trying to pay for the Lecheon for his son's bday party xD). So we swung by and hung out and taught them and played with the babies. Anyways, husband came home around 8:30 a little bit hubog (drunk) and he just spilled EVERYTHING. Like he knew the church is true, but he is afraid to get married because he doesn't want to face his past sins, and his family is mostly Catholic so that is hard. It was humorous and such a blessing, because finally he told us what is really holding him back. THEN. We went back on Saturday. He was sober and was playing with his kiddos (he is an amazing dad). We share Moroni 10:32 about coming unto Christ. The mom was like "We need to be baptized. Let's get baptized!" Then The dad was like "Sisters- we've talked about it, and this is the last time. We promise you, we're getting married. I know that this is right thing. You are going ot be the last missionaries that we promise to get married for" The Spirit tangibly filled the room and Sister G committed them to be baptized on a date. It was so amazing mom. Tonight we are ogin to them to follow up on if they got the paper work.
This is what I'm talking about when I talk about the bliss of missionary work. That family will be sealed together for eternity. Countless prayers were answered that night. It was SO incredible. I cannot even describe. I love love love love this work.
Anyways, I love you so so so much, please keep me updated. I'm always always praying for you. <3
love, Mads
No comments:
Post a Comment