Week 14

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSS TO ANDY AND JESS AND LANDON. That is so amazing. But honestly, I'm in shock at how long it has been since I've been gone! It feels like just yesterday we found out that Adelaide was a baby GIRL! That really breaks my heart that they are moving, but I'm so excited for all of the opportunities they will have!

Also while we're talking about babies, I was wondering if you could send me a picture of the Wilson kiddos? Especially of you and Breck together. I miss them! and I was telling Sister Garcia about them and I was just missing them so much!

Our sweet family that I told you about is really struggling. They had the money all saved but then there were some problems and now it is gone. But now the dad is upset and too shy to talk to us because he feels like he broke his promise to us. It is a cultural thing here. So the prayers are needed. But we have so much faith in them! But, we also need to have faith in the Lord's timing. It is hard for us not to be a little discouraged, but I KNOW that the Lord always provides a way. The mom still came to church yesterday, so I know that they will receive blessings even just for that.

WE GOT IN TO TEACH TATAY L!!! We felt prompted to go in the early afternoon instead of the evening and he was there!! SO HAPPY. We were able to answer some of his questions and figure out what was going on. He really does just work ALL THE TIME. People here work to have food for that day, and when you have 4 kids to feed and clothe and send to school, you need to take on every job that comes your way. So humbling. But still so kind and open to us. We are hoping to give them
a baptismal date this week.
 
Please enjoy this brief anecdote from my letter to President. "This past week, the same scripture just kept running through my mind about Nephi being "led by the Spirit, not knowing before hand the things which [he] should do." Sister Garcia is an amazing planner, and every night throughout my training we have planned thoroughly for the coming day. However, there were some curve balls thrown our way this week. Sister Garcia got really sick (fever/ headache...) and just kept on getting worse. Syempre, she kept on working through it because she is so obedient and such a hard worker. But, by Thursday afternoon, she was so sick, and I was worried she would faint! She mentioned that we could try to go on splits, but of course, that terrified me. However, I knew in my heart that she would not go home unless she knew that the work was progressing, and of course I didn't want to miss out on work either. So we cleared it with our sister training leaders. Fortunately, our amazing branch pulled through, and we were able to take 2 sweet sisters with us so that Sister Garcia could go home for a few hours to rest. This put a chink in our plans for that day, but I knew that the Spirit would be there to guide us. It really was a test of faith (especially because our first lesson we went to was a pure Tagalog speaker!), and those lessons that I taught with a branch missionary were definitely not the best. However, we could feel the Spirit testify of the truth we shared as we testified of the Savior and His Gospel. So that was our adventure for this week."


Anyways I have mores stories! but no time! Anyways do you remember Sister ER? Her son-in-law agreed to be baptized on August 6!! Amazing, right! That whole family is amazing, they take such good care of us. Seriously I never want you to worry about me not being safe or not having food or anything. I swear, I'm safe and so taken care of. we are so lucky. We were going to go have a beach day with them today, but we will see! hopefully I have more pictures with them for next week <3

I love you so much momma. I'm so grateful for your love and prayers. Thank you for everything. I love you and think of you always <3

love,
Mads

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS