This week was good! It is just kind of a hard time of year because of Patron (Wednesday and Thursday) I think Ry should know what Patron is because I think they have it in Italy, but in Borongan, they celebrate Mama Mary and it is HUGE. Lots of karaoke, drinking, prayers on the loudspeaker at 4 am and it is just fun. But a little bit hard for Mormons to get lessons :) hahaha it really is fun though- people are so kind.
I have a funny story and a good story: So this week, we were having a hard time getting lessons, so we just walked around in downtown and talked to people about Jesus- its called OYMing (open your mouth). So Sister Resolme oymed these cute lil gals and had a sweet lil Gospel discussion with them. While I oymed the Jehovah's Witness missionaries- of course. It started off really good- and honestly I really respect anyone who does this for their religion, but it was just funny, and we made quite a spectacle of ourselves. Maurisyo!
Good story now. The highlight of this last week was last Friday when we had an appointment with C and J. We had Brother and Sister Vieron (both RMs and right now they are at the hospital having their first baby!!) and Sister Pilapil from the branch in the lesson with us. It was wonderful. This little family has really been struggling a little bit to make the changes necessary to get baptized. We had this little lesson about eternal families with Sister C. We all took turns testifying about how families really can be eternal. The Spirit was so strong and really testified to Sister
about the little things that we can do everyday to get to an eternal family. It was a really sweet experience that motivated her to come to church on Sunday as well. And it really showed me as well how crucial members are in the conversion process. It really made me so grateful for my sweet parents who did make those sacrifices for us so
that we can have an eternal family. So many blessings Ma.
Anyways, sorry, that was long! But I just want you to know I love you, I think of you, I pray for you, I'm here for you! Please keep me updated <3 Madelyn
| This delicious fruit called mangostine |
| This is Lenny, maybe my best friend that I've made so far here with the delicious Mangostine |
| The new Sister Snow |
| The Beautiful Sister Resolme |
No comments:
Post a Comment