Week 24

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Dear Family,

Sige, so this week was, syempre, maupay talaga. We went crazy with finding- we have had this thing in the mission that everyone should have 30 OYMs or Testifying contacts everyday. So this week Sister R and I really tried to get there. It is so fulfilling at the end of the day to know that you literally talked to everyone you could and gave everyone that you saw the opportunity to come unto Christ. I loved it because it is literally what I came to the Philippines to do. We also saw some pretty sweet success with C and J- even though they might not get baptized yet, they are really coming closer together and closer to Christ. It is just hinayhinay. There is no "right" time frame. Anyways- this week we really did see a lot of miracles and had a lot of fun finding but right now I can't really remember... sorry! But The big high light was C and J. 

This week was just pretty normal. I mean- no such thing as normal. But whatevs. I do want to update you a few cultural quirks that I'm a little bit proud of myself for. So at this point- I've pretty much eaten every part of a pig (including liver, stomach, and skin) and it is all delicious. Not my faves- but really not that bad. And the skin does have hair on it, but just a few thick ones and it goes down really easily. It really isn't a big deal. Also- I haven't used toilet paper in more than 2 months. It is very possible- even for a germaphobe such as I. Also- we don't have a stove right now because its broken, and it is 2800 pisos to buy a new one. And no one here will fix it for us. So anyways- waray kami stove. But we are more blessed than anyone else in the mission and we have a microwave. So we have made soup, noodles, hotdogs... pretty much EVERYTHING that you can make with a microwave. Its pretty impressive. Also- I'm 100% professional at eating with my hands- bisan ano nga kind of food. And also doing laundry with my hands. I do not mean to be a silly braggy goose- but I was just medi impressed with my laba skills earlier this morning. 


Love you all so much, Thank you for your love, prayers and support, 

Mads



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS