Everyone here is good! And we had baptisms Saturday! Two little girls (Daisy-11 and Ashly- 8) whose dad (member) died in 2010. Their mom moved to Manila when they were babies so they are taken care of by their dad's mom, Nanay Nilly. They have been inactive for mga 15 years kuno. But they came to church and we offered to teach them so that the lil girls could be baptized! We've been teaching them for about 2 months now. And they are precious. There is no feeling in the whole world like seeing someone you've loved and taught and become sweet friends with get baptized. At first I didn't really understand why the Spirit is so strong and why it means so much to me. But on the night before their baptismal interviews, we reviewed the interview questions and asked them why they wanted to be baptized. Sister Daisy responded that she wanted to be baptized so that she could help do temple work for her papa. I'm just so grateful and humbled at the wisdom of this little girl- because I realized that that is the reason that I am here too: to get her and others like her to the temple to be sealed together forever with their families- yana and future. Sweet is the work!
Anyways, the missionary spirit is strong in Borongan right now! We try to OYM everyone we meet. Our goal everyday is 30. We worked really hard to get there and one day we were only at 23 as we were headed home. But we just grabbed a tryke anyways. As we were on our way home, the driver stopped and picked up 7 people... I love those little miracles. This work is amazing and we continue to work hard! My language is not perfect- I still don't understand perfectly (but no foreigners do, because most people speak mixed with tagalog and waray waray). Its hard. We have a couple of Cebuano investigators, but I can't speak Cebuano at all anymore. Just Waray Waray. Sis Resolme and I speak mostly Waray Waray which has been fun and my language has gotten a lot better. I think it really is the gift of tongues though- because that is the language that I have been called to speak right now so I think there really is power behind that.
I love you all so much! Thank you so much for your prayers, love and support!
-Sister e-Snow (as the Filipinos say)
-Sister e-Snow (as the Filipinos say)
No comments:
Post a Comment