Week 27

Monday, October 10, 2016

Hello! Much to say this week. I really enjoyed all you had to say too! I love listening to the Nanays(mothers) here bear their testimonies because it so reminds me of you. You are amazing Mom. But I'm always really humbled- like I said ganiha, I really want to be the kind of missionary that you think I am! But I testify too, that the Lord really is looking out for me- I see it all the time. I know He is taking care of you all too! I promise I'm praying! Auntie is so sweet- I've been thinking about them too. Send them my love! And also that everything is fine here- just like every other country has little problems.

Daisy and Ashly are a hoot and a half- they crack me up. Last night, we were trying to teach them, but they were hungry and OH MY GOSH it was like I was right back in Primary! We would ask a question and Daisy would just shout "Prayer!"  "Scriptures!" "Prophet!" no matter what the question was. always an adventure. It was like teaching Karsen and Gideon. Oy! I bet they are big now. Speaking of big kids- McCormick! That makes me so happy and I wish I was there! He is so big and so good! Can you believe that you have 2 worthy Priesthood holders in your home Mom (I know that isn't new) and soon you will have 2 Melchizedek Priesthood holders in your home! I didn't realize it until I came here- but that is a HUGE deal. There are branches right now in our zone that have 2 active Priesthood holders and 30 active members (#girlpower)- that is a BIG deal to have 2 in your own home.

So this coming week, I will hit my 6 months ha mission mark! Can you believe that? I'm kind of have a 1/3 life crisis. As such, I have been a little bit on edge- I have so much still to change in my life in becoming a better missionary and a better person, we have so many people to teach, so many people still to find. I just don't feel like I have done enough!

As such, it was so wonderful to listen to general conference! There were so many amazing talks, and I'm am so grateful to inspired leaders who gave them. I am so blessed to be a member of the church, and even more blessed to be able to share it with others every single day! One of my favorite moments was in the Saturday afternoon session of conference- the talks were amazing and inspired, but one of the things touched my heart most was the choir of MTC missionaries. I saw in the choir a Sister who was a member of the Relief Society in my first college ward. I haven't hear from her since I've been on a mission, so I had no idea that she had chosen to serve a mission. It was so incredible to see her- it reminded me of the feelings I had as I sang in the MTC choir and of the greatness of this calling. They were so young, but so sweet and valiant! and I couldn't help but wonder if that is the kind of missionary that I look like. I really hope it is, and I will work hard to make sure it is. It was a really sweet moment.

So this general conference (which is amazing because I remember the last general conference that we had together- mostly i just remember the delicious food), I focused of mga Christlike attributes that I need to work on in order to become the missionary that I was sent here to be- Spoiler alert- there's a LOT that I can work on. But one of my favorite talks from conference was Elder Cornish in the Saturday Morning Session. As I'm sitting there, being a little bit overwhelmed by all that I have yet to change, Elder Cornish asked the questions: "Am I really good enough? Can I really make it? Am I acceptable to the Lord?" These are the questions that I was sitting there pondering on. (Sometimes, the mission can be a little bit overwhelming as you look at your 5 kilometers worth of people that are under your responsibility to hear the Gospel) I felt the Spirit confirm to me that Heavenly Father did not send me here to fail. He sends us all to Earth to learn and to grow by obedience and repentance. I was called here to bring this joyous message to all of His children. How amazing is that? I just have this feeling that we are so loved and watched over. He is proud of our success, and understands our heart ache, and is so willing and patient to work with us through our weaknesses. We just really need to try. And After 18 months or a lifetime of trying every day, we will grow and change to actually become who we were always meant to be.

Basta, general conf was just so good! It was amazing!

I love you all so much! I look forward to my letters from you too!

Love, Madelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS