Week 50!!!!

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Dear Family,

How are you? I'm missing you again and the rain has come back and transfer announcements are this week. But I just feel kind of peaceful. Emailing used to TOTALLY stress me out because I was always pressed for time trying to figure out what I should say, but now it just brings me so much peace to here from you and know that you are well. But I still miss you- in like a healthy, motivating way I guess.

It is kind of cracking me up to think of Elder Adams as quiet. I don't know if you remember him in high school, but quiet is NOT a word I would use to describe him. I'm so glad you enjoyed your spring break. Do you head back into school tomorrow or do you have one  more week?

I'm so excited for Ry to head down there! I miss her and I pray for them. I haven't heard from her in a bit so I'm not super in-the-loop! Anyways, hopefully they and you enjoy that time together.

They totally do have air-conditioning here- in most of the chapels and in fancy places. But I don't really like aircon anymore. I have to sleep with 2 blankets just when the electric fan is on! haha for zone conference, there was no AC in the chapel they used, so President and Sister Maurer were dying, but all of us missionaries were just right.
hahaha

Thank you so much for the package Mom! I'm so excited! I'm wondering if in the next next package could you send more postcards? they don't have them here and its sad, because they worked so well to write with. I accidentally gave all my books away to little kids in sacrament meeting and never got them back...

This was a good week, but a busy one. I feel like we didn't work at all! I know that we did, its just that we had exchanges in the STLs area and zone conference in Calbayog so that was 2 full days!

I have a story and also a recipe- Munchkins: either chocolate cookies OR graham crackers that you crunch up into fine powder (we use a hammer). mix it with condensed milk until it will stick together and be kinda chewy. roll that mixture around a marshmallow. Then roll that in dried coconut. its SO YUMMY. especially if you freeze it for a minute.

So there is a young cute married couple in our ward and they make munchkins and I buy them all the time because I love them and want to support them. So I bought a whole bunch of them and took them to church. We have 2 investigator families that come to church almost every week with CUTE little babies. Yesterday, the husbands had to work and couldn't make it to church so it was 1 MOM vs. 4 babies (1 yr, 3 yr, 6 yr, 7 yr) and 1 MOM vs. 3 babies (1 yr, 2 yr, 8 yr). In Sacrament, its ok because they have distractions and the whole ward kinda helps out. In gospel principles class it got a little rough because sometimes the kiddos aren't yet comfortable in primary. It was just funny yesterday because all the kiddos seemed to be in a rare form of rowdiness and it kind of ended up a little bit of a munchkin fight. I was cracking up, but the poor moms seemed to be a little embarrassed- but of course kids are just like that and I hope it doesn't discourage them from coming to church! do you have any advice on how we can help the kiddos/ help the moms not be embarrassed? Anyways- these families are just SOOOO sweet, we are so blessed here.

Love you so much Mom!! thank you for everything- keep the emails coming!

Love and prayers always,

Sister Snow

This is Lydia, Sister Mayaru. Mads missionary companion in the MTC.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS