Week 77

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Dear Family,

Those Wilson babies are PRECIOUS!!!

I cannot wait to see them. and I'm glad we are still close with them even though they moved! I can't believe it has been a year!! I'm laughing a little that she is in YW na pod, but those girls are lucky! We had the best girls camp :) But you have got to be joking that Brecken is in Kinder now?!?!?! Oh my gulay. So I guess Saturdays na la will be our "Brecken-Amie-Maddie" Days, if he's still interested!

I cannot believe that it is general conference this week! I remember thinking that it would be so cool- because the last few weeks before my mission was genconf and then again, the last weeks of my mission would be genconf. We have arrived. And it is hard. I just have to warn you Mom that I am REALLY being a boob about this. I can't really say more except that I love the Philippines and I love being a missionary. I'm still working hard and soaking up every little moment. I talked to President about it. I just said that I thought that it would be so "WOOHOO" when I got to this point. And he just shook his head and laughed and asked "is it?" Its not. It is simultaneously so sweet because I love it. And I'm so grateful to you and Dad and to Heavenly Father that I got to come here. But it so so so hard to leave. 

Yesterday the ward found out that I go home this month because I bore my testimony. Missionaries don't usually share their testimony, because we share it all day e'ery day, so its better for members to use that time. But the Spirit told me to so I did, and as I walked up, Bishop was like "oh! You're going home na arent you?!" hehe. Then I just cried in sacrament sitting between these recent converts and listening to testimonies of members who have been less active for a while now and now are sharing their testimonies in church! I just love this ward so much and I hate goodbyes so much too. And all I can think is just how much I love them, and then how lucky I am that Heavenly Father has blessed me to work with them- it just makes me cry a little... sometimes a lot. I've heard that it is a lot easier to leave home coming to the mission than to leave the mission to go home. But sige lang- we're not there yet. I still have quite a bit of time to make or break my mission. But President said it's natural to be thinking things like that- just so long as it motivates me to work harder and not the opposite. 

As such, last night we taught a part member who is so funny. Sister is a long time member and she works for the church. But her husband, of 4 years is not. And he really isn't super interested in changing that... but last night, we took some of our amazing Priesthood leaders there. Brother Alex and Brother Tado. And they just bore such strong, simple, testimony about coming to know the Book of Mormon is true. At the end, Brother Dindo just asked "how can I feel that way too?" It was so sweet. And then afterwards we ate YUMMY food. so it was pretty much missionary work at it's finest. The church is true. The Book of Mormon is truly from God and the tool of conversion in our day- I've seen it change quite a few lives here, including my own.

I love you so much Mom! You are amazing- keep plugging in school! 

Have an amazing week!

love,

Sister Snow

1. doing baby shark at an FHE
2. yesterday at church with the beautiful sister Honey and her cousins who came to church
3. the Lopez family <3





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS