Week 36

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Hello my Sweet Mum.

How are you? I'm really missing you but I'm trying so hard to kick this homesickness. It helps a lot though, because these sweet people here really take care of us.  Speaking of! Pasko!  So, we're thinking of maybe skyping at 12  or 12:30 in the afternoon if that is ok for you? Does that maybe work? It would be on the 26th here, so the 25th there. What time does that make it for you?

Sige- I have a little story for you. There is a little family that we have been teaching. They are so sweet. The Sister is so sweet and has read the entire introduction and Testimonies in The Book of Mormon. She expressed to us how she feels a light every time she reads and follows its direction. Then on Sunday, the whole family came to church! It was a beautiful miracle. They smiled all the way through the services and classes and really wants to continue to attend. The ward was amazing because she already has friends to take her to church, and she made new friends there. It was an amazing way to end the week. Everyday I'm just astonished at how progressing this area is, and I really want to give this area the absolute best that I can.

We are still taking everyday one day at a time. It is kind of hard sometimes, and sometimes it feels like its just getting harder- the area is amazing, but there is definitely a lot of pressure. But I remember one thing I learned from the MTC- I used to go on the treadmill every morning in the gym- there was a huge mountain right outside of the window and sometimes I would pretend to be climbing it as I was on this treadmill. I would set the treadmilll plan to a hill-y one so I could "climb the mountain" ba? but Sometimes, the incline would get really steep and I would feel like "hala I can't go anymore! And it is just getting steeper (because you can see the workout plan ahead)!" but one day as I was climbing this "hill," I realized that as I worked up this hill, each step I took that seemed harder, made it more possible to take the next step up. Parang- each step up prepared me to take the next incline and the next and the next until I made it to the "top." I think this is kind of how life is- sometimes it just feels so hard, like we aren't making ANY progress because its just too steep. But, a few things have been tried, tested, and proved: 1. We are not alone. We have constant support of companions, families, leaders, friends, and most readily our Father in Heaven and His Son's Atonement. We are never making these steps unloved, unwatched, or unsupported no matter how far away or alone we seem to feel. 2. All things work together for good. Basta, I just know that Our Savior overcame the world so that we don't need to stress about it. We just need to do our best with our little vineyard that we've been given.

Anyways, sorry that was long! But I love  you and I'm grateful for you! Thank you for everything Momma! And tell Becca that I love them! ahah I really hope I'm half the missionary you think I am- that's the goal anyways :)

Love and prayers always,
Sister Snow

P.S. I got the SWEETEST package this morning! It was from the Settler's Meadow Primary! I am just DYING at how sweet these letters are.  Please give loves to all of our littles- that really means the absolute world to me. one of my favorites was from Karsyn: "you used to be my favorite teacher, then you left." or sayo pa from Craig: "Are you in war? Thank you for your service" SO FUN. anyways- love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS