Week 43

Monday, January 30, 2017

Hello Momma <3
I'm doing really well- how are you?? Oh I love getting your emails! That car accident is so scary, though. I my goodness! That is terrifying. But prayers answered that he is safe. Did he go to the doctor? Because he might still have that brain rattling around in your skull thing which kills you, so have him get a check up.

So, here in Catarman looks a lot like Fort Bragg + a whole bunch of Coconut trees. We live right next to a hotel. so that is fun. Our area sounds like a city... trykes are really noisy. But on one side of the street is a hotel, the other side is a lubi (coconut) farm with a little store that has the most marasa (yummy) fried banana cakes... thats the reason I've gained 3 kilos here... And our new President will get here in June. 
This week I've been thinking a lot about girls camp and about that amazing experiences that I had there that helped so much to get me to here. You can do it and it will be amazing! Those necklaces are absolutely beautiful and I am in LOVE with that youth theme! It is definitely people like you who will help future Sister Missionaries get on and stay on missions. How G-R-E-A-T is your calling! I'm so glad you get to enjoy those ward conferences and the firesides- it sounds so amazing. I would be super jealous, but we've had an awesome week here as well! 
So, I just want to tell you about yesterday because it summarizes the whole week. It was the BEST DAY EVER. It took me a while- Sundays used to really stress me out because... alums na!, it was the day that I struggled most with not understanding people. But now, SLOWLY, they have become such a respite to the crazy life that we live every other day. So we started Sunday with a Primary Program (they do them every 5th sunday in our stake). Mom. Imagine how cute our sweet babies are in Settlers Meadow ward. And then make them Filipino with little accents and just a little bit Chancho-ish chubby looking. It was SO PRECIOUS, I was dying and I wish that it was allowed for us to video it because you would LOVE it. Then we were uplifted by talking about Family History and now I'm so pumped to get to work on that when I get home. Then we taught the M family (the referral from President). They are doing SO well! Brother R came to a baptism of an 8 year-old on a Saturday which has helped him to be more excited for his own baptism. The only challenge he is facing in preparing is telling his family (devoted Catholic) about his decision to be baptized. We are all praying that they will be understanding! *side-note: Brother R's brother-in-law is Bro. R who was the ward mission leader in Borongan and we were pretty close (in a 100% allowed for missionaries way) and he came to visit them this week so it was so fun to see him again!*
After our visit with the M's, we went to a Philippines- wide women's broadcast with the Philippines Area President and Sister Oscarson and Sister Bingham! It was so cool and I learned so much. Anyways. This week was wonderful. Wonderful things are comin up. I'll keep you posted!
Love you and miss you so much!

Love, Sister Snow



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS