Week 44

Friday, February 17, 2017

Hi Family! About what you said about coming to Catarman for a 5th Sunday...Sis Davis's family is all coming here this summer because she gets home in March, and it just got me thinking about you. I remember telling you when I first got here that I don't think that it is a good idea for you to come here. I think I need to take it back. I love it here with all of my heart and it is pretty darn tough, but if you are willing to take on the challenge- you will love it. But that is a few years off anyways- just wanted to say it now.

So this week we taught sweet J. He is really struggling with finding a testimony of Joseph Smith, but something in the World wide broadcast about real intent got me thinking. So we had a really intense lesson with him because he says he keeps praying and praying pero hasn't yet reacieved an answer. SO, we taught about what the Spirit will feel like when He answers and how he can recieve his answers. And at the end of the lesson he said something like, " Sisters, I used to pray that it would rain so that you wouldn't come to share. But then something changed. I saw a light in you and I wanted to know how I can have that light" We read Moro 7:48 and said that this light is the love of God. This is the answer to his prayers. Anyways, I'm getting tinglies as I write this just because I know that God answers prayers in His own time. And like Elder Bednar says, it is usually more like a sunrise than a light switch. There is light to be found and He is willing to give it. But we need to knock first with a promise in our hearts that we will act on it.

Anyways, I love these people, I love this area, I love you! I miss
you, but I pray for you always!

Love, Mads




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS