Week 47

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Hi Sweet Family,

I'm so jealous of youth conf! It sounds amazing! I was just telling Corm how amazing our stake is- lucky kita!

Don't stress one bit about the package! All is well :) nothing is necessary to survival... except maybe the Reeses... haha jokes! I'm excited, but also don't you stress <3

This week was AMAZING- I've been focusing on counting my many blessings because truly, I have been so blessed. Your prayers are so felt Mom. It's kinda what gets me through the rough days. (There is a good quote that one of our RMs said, "The mission is definitely the best 18 months, but not always the best 500 something days") I LOVE every bit of my time here, but it doesn't mean its always rosey. Anyways to answer your question about being sick:

1. I've only been really sick one time on my mission *buyag*
2. Every year there has been a typhoon to hit and destroy Catarman in
November/ December. (Yolanda, Ruby, Nona) This year's typhoon was
headed right for us, and then at the last minute turned right around
and headed right between Samar and Luzon.
3. My companion's are such good, OBEDIENT, missionaries.
4. My ward is so amazing- so kind and good at fellowshipping and
supportive of missionary work.
5. We always have plenty of food (Sister Resolme and Sister Domingo
are MAZING cooks)
6. The sun is out today which means that all of my laundry will be dry
by tomorrow :)


ANYWAYS. Just a little update of how lucky I am over here. And SYEMPRE. I'm SO lucky to be a missionary here at this time. On Saturday, Elder Bednar and Elder Bowen (Phil Area Pres) and their wives did a kind of face-to-face just in the Philippines. It was SO good and I learned so much. But mostly the thing that hit me was how blessed I am to serve in the Philippines Tacloban Mission. There really is no better place on the whole planet, I promise.

This week, we have been focusing (as always) on finding, and Heavenly Father has blessed us with so many miracles. We found one cute, young couple- M and J. They have never met missionaries. Michael says that he has been searching for years for the true church that would actually follow the Bible. He has tried everything from Born Again to Baptist and has decided that there must not be a true church on the earth. As we taught the full Message of the Restoration, the Holy Ghost filled the room and I know that they felt the truth of this message. He was especially excited by the thought that his family can be together forever. We have only taught them once, but we are looking forward to returning tomorrow!

Our families are still doing amazing- plugging through, coming to church. Sometimes I think about how much I will miss them if I were to transfer- will the next missionaries take care of them... And then I realize- the Gospel is the best thing that I could give them. And once they have that, they will always be taken care of and watched over.

Anyways! sorry for the hugot hugot over here! But I love you so much Mom! Stay safe! I'll pray for your Musical class teacher to soften up- I thought it would be a fun class!

Love you!
Sister Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS