Hello Momma,
I'm having another lazy week to email. That is so excited that the Groesbeck's are there! I hope that they are still there when I get home, but given the heat, we know not whether that will be the case! Just get them to stick around until November and then they'll be hooked to the weather there!
Corm broke his collar bone! Poor kid- I love how chill you are now though. haha I think it probs means that he has grown up a little bit. Where is Blake serving again? That is exciting! Give him loves for me and tell him if I can do it- ANYONE can do it- as in. Just prayers and faith la.
So big news. I transferred. It's still breaking my heart a little bit, because I haven't gotten over Catarman yet. I went from one end of the mission to the other- different place, people, companion, ward, language. I feel like I'm on a different planet Mom! I'm still freaking out a little- its been stressful. I have a few added responsibilities this cycle and it's a little stressful because there are other missionaries looking at me and I can't even communicate with the people in my own area.Whew. On Thursday, I travelled 10 hours from Catarman to Ormoc by myself- it was so stressful! But I didn't throw-up (which everyone does when they leave Catarman because the drive is HORRIBLE), so SUCCESS. So Catarman to Ormoc. Ormoc is a lot more wealthy than Catarman. Before my mission, when I thought of the Philippines in my mind, it looked like it does here. Amazing ocean on one side and rainforest mountains on the other. To get to our area, we cross a river using a bridge made out of big rocks. We are seriously hiking the whole day, but we make up for the excercies with plenty of dinner appointments ;) but it is beautiful. really. Anyways, like anything, it will be an adjustment- kind of like when I first got to the mission- but I think its time to be stretched and humbled. So its ok. And my companion is so amazing- she's the best teacher I could ask for.
This morning, as I was doing my laba(LAUNDRY) (which I've gotten really good at by the way), I was just thinking. I had this thought pop into my mind "What do I have to give to this area and this ward? I left everything in Catarman- even lots of my clothes! I "left it all on the field" in Catarman and I don't have anything else to give." I struggled a little bit discouraged for a minute. As I was sitting there, another, sweeter thought popped into my mind, which I believe to be the Spirit. "Well thats ok. Because you don't give of yourself- you give of Him. And His water never runs out, and His well never runs dry. He is the well of Living Waters." I don't know if I'm explaining this clearly. But I think I finally understand what The Savior was teaching to that woman at the well. We can give infinitely of ourselves because He gave himself infinitely for us. Not just me. But you and all of these people in Ormoc waiting to here this message. All of the young women in our stake back home. We just need to become in tune enough with Him to share His message. (John 4:6-15).
Anyways, I'm doing good. And I'm excited to face this new challenge. I can still feel of your love and prayers. Don't be trunky yet mom, I feel like I just re-arrived in the mission. <3
Love you and pray for you! Stay safe <3
Sister Snow
No comments:
Post a Comment