Week 65

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Momma!

Thank you for the email and the pictures! It is so sweet and the wedding looks like it was beautiful! It is so beautiful and fun up in Utah this time of year! I love 4th of July! But don't worry, I've got my red, white, and blue outfit all ready to go for tomorrow! The wedding sounds so sweet! They look great and the colors were super cute too! 

It sounds like a busy week but also a lot of fun! I hope you don't get too stressed at the cabin- just enjoy! 

Ormoc is great! We witnessed the baptisms of 2 sweet families. 
This week was a good, busy week. We saw the work of many past missionaries come to a harvest point- Brother L, Sister B, Brother M, Brother J, and Brother O were all baptized and confirmed members of the church. As I have not been here in Ormoc very long, I cannot take any credit at all for this blessing, but I am so grateful to have witnessed it and also get to know these sweet souls. It was such a sweet experience to see there conversion happen. 
It was a lot of fun. and of course just a sweet experience. These two families have been being prepared for more than a year so it was just our luck that we were able to see them start this journey at this time. Brother L met President and Sister Maurer at his work and so it was his special request that President be his baptizer. And seeing that this was President's last week as our President, he accepted and by no little  sacrifice was able to make it. It was such a sweet experience for this family. The other family has been waiting for a long time to be baptized. Their grandma and grandpa were baptized a while ago but have been sick so haven't been able to go to church. As such, these little guys are the driving force in keeping their families going spiritually. They are so funny and so sweet. They've waited a long time for this blessing to come to them as well. 

Anyways, the work is still rolling on, and I'm lucky to be a part of it. We are enjoying this area and this time. Sister Fallejo is so sweet- she is a firecracker missionary from Cavite (by Manila and close to where the new temple will be!). She goes home this September. 

Love you so much momma! I had a question but I forgot now what it was! But anyways, thank you for everything! Stay safe and happy. 

Sister Snow

ps. you look so beautiful in your fancy dress- you are so cute and I miss your sense of style!


Note From Amie- Maddie's city of Ormoc was the epicenter of a 6.5 earthquake last Thursday July 6th. We have heard from her mission president that all missionaries in the Tacloban Mission are safe and accounted for. However we received a letter today letting us know that her city has had a state of emergency declared because of the loss of power there. They were hopeful to get it back running again but had another earthquake (5.4) yesterday which has caused further delay. They anticipate weeks until they have power. We feel at this point, no news is good news and know she is just probably chugging along doing her best. I will post as soon as we are able to hear from her again. Love, Amie

One of our favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS